Oh, it feels good to be home!
Denver is like a bigger version of Boise (and I loved Boise!). They are both cities on a valley where you could see the mountains from afar, have dry and cold weather, but do not have a lot greens (at least during winter).
When we arrived in Austin this morning, my nose felt much better – I can breathe more comfortably and I can smell better! I didn’t know how much I missed the oak and cedar tress in the Texas hill country until today. It’s just good to be home!
Anyhow, John, the embryologist, called to say that:
– 7 immature eggs yesterday did not mature overnight
– 20/21 eggs survived the polar body 1 biopsy
So there are 20 eggs that were vitrified. Still not too bad at all. Microarray results are estimated to be out in 6 weeks – that is 4/29. Perhaps I will get the good news earlier than that – that would be a good 41st birthday present for me.
Rhonda, the IVF nurse, checked on me too to see if I have any OHSS symptoms or questions at all. So far, so good – I think.
I’m having some abdominal bloating and I feel pain when I pass gas (ehem, ehem, pardon the TMI). So far, I only have 1 of these symptoms:
- shortness of breath
- abdominal bloating
- difficulty walking
- weight gain of greater or equal to 3lbs/day
- difficulty urinating
I hope I don’t get OHSS!!!
1. The security line at the DEN was sooo long that we thought we would miss our flight despite arriving 45 minutes before scheduled 7:45 am departure. We somehow were able to move to the Express lane but were still late for 10 minutes – or so we thought. When we arrived at the gate area, we found out that our flight was delayed for about 45 minutes! Phew!!!
Perhaps the long line is attributed to the spring break? Or maybe the tail end of some high school volleyball tournament? Whatever it was, I will plan to arrive 1-1.5 hrs before the flight.
2. Look the rental car over before you leave it. We left our GPS windshield bracket and cradle in the rental. I’m trying to locate it through the rental company’s lost and found department. Have not gotten confirmation from them that they found it. I hope they do. Cost of shipping to me is <$10 while buying these accessories again costs $30.