Journey through infertility ain’t easy nor cheap. Still, God is good…
Random header image... Refresh for more!

Home!

Oh, it feels good to be home!

Denver is like a bigger version of Boise (and I loved Boise!). They are both cities on a valley where you could see the mountains from afar, have dry and cold weather, but do not have a lot greens (at least during winter).

When we arrived in Austin this morning, my nose felt much better – I can breathe more comfortably and I can smell better! I didn’t know how much I missed the oak and cedar tress in the Texas hill country until today. It’s just good to be home!

IVF FOLLOW-UPS:
Anyhow, John, the embryologist, called to say that:
- 7 immature eggs yesterday did not mature overnight
- 20/21 eggs survived the polar body 1 biopsy

So there are 20 eggs that were vitrified. Still not too bad at all. Microarray results are estimated to be out in 6 weeks – that is 4/29. Perhaps I will get the good news earlier than that – that would be a good 41st birthday present for me. :)

Rhonda, the IVF nurse, checked on me too to see if I have any OHSS symptoms or questions at all. So far, so good – I think.

I’m having some abdominal bloating and I feel pain when I pass gas (ehem, ehem, pardon the TMI). So far, I only have 1 of these symptoms:

• nausea/vomiting
  • shortness of breath
  • abdominal bloating
  • difficulty walking
  • weight gain of greater or equal to 3lbs/day
  • difficulty urinating

I hope I don’t get OHSS!!!

AIRPORT LESSONS:
1. The security line at the DEN was sooo long that we thought we would miss our flight despite arriving 45 minutes before scheduled 7:45 am departure. We somehow were able to move to the Express lane but were still late for 10 minutes – or so we thought. When we arrived at the gate area, we found out that our flight was delayed for about 45 minutes! Phew!!!

Perhaps the long line is attributed to the spring break? Or maybe the tail end of some high school volleyball tournament? Whatever it was, I will plan to arrive 1-1.5 hrs before the flight.

2. Look the rental car over before you leave it.  We left our GPS windshield bracket and cradle in the rental.  I’m trying to locate it through the rental company’s lost and found department. Have not gotten confirmation from them that they found it.  I hope they do. Cost of shipping to me is <$10 while buying these accessories again costs $30.

12 comments

1 OPJ { 03.20.09 at 9:10 am }

Thanks for the update. Welcome back to Austin! (Greetings emanating from Greenwoods… Hehehe…)

2 Kristin { 03.21.09 at 10:41 am }

Keeping my fingers crossed that the OHSS stays far away.

Hoping and praying that you get great results from the Microarray.

~ICLW

3 Jennifer { 03.21.09 at 12:41 pm }

I hope you get wonderful microarray results!! And also that your GPS cradle turns up. (ICLW)

4 MamaSoon { 03.22.09 at 8:52 am }

Glad you are home safely and that you have 20! 20! eggs! This will be a long 6 weeks so we better keep you entertained. Wanna come over?

5 Phoebe { 03.22.09 at 11:42 am }

That’s great news on your eggs! Yeah, the security is atrocious at DIA. Even for domestic flights, getting there and hour and a half before your flight is best. We can only do 45 minutes when running late because my husband is a 1K flyer.

So, when’s your b-day?!

Drink lots of fluid to prevent OHSS, especially something with electrolytes. At least that is what I have heard. I don’t have that problem : )

6 Hillary { 03.22.09 at 4:55 pm }

I hope you get your results sooner than expected! BTW, I read “When the Cradle is Empty” as well and my DH thought it was the saddest looking cover ever.

ICLW

7 Melissa { 03.23.09 at 10:55 am }

Congrats on the 20 eggs and welcome home!! It sounds like the doc and nurses are awesome…Best of Luck with everything and I hope that it is a special bday for you.
-ICLW

8 barefoot { 03.26.09 at 2:46 pm }

Congrats on your 20! Thinking good thoughts for the microarray results.

9 brown-eyed-girl { 03.27.09 at 12:27 pm }

20 eggs! Wow, that’s a great number. Hope you get a few magic ones in the bunch!!!

ICLW

10 Erica Schlaefer { 03.27.09 at 7:13 pm }

Stopping by for ICLW. It’s always nice when you are the first retrieval. They are spot on for your procedure. Best wishes to you.
Please stop by my non profit website

Erica

11 stacie { 03.28.09 at 3:37 pm }

Here from ICLW.

Hoping the OHSS stays far away and that you get your good news from the Microarray quickly!

12 Stacey { 06.25.09 at 12:12 am }

how did things go in Colorado?